- You need to register to get a login and a password.
- When performing the test, read the tips and help provided.
- You may stop at any time during the test. In case of inactivity for more than 15 min, you will have to log back in.
The purpose of the proposed EQConline tests is
- to provide easy comparisons between technicians or biologists performing those analyzes
- to reduce discrepancies between individuals and laboratories.
The test for Embryology remains active for 6 weeks twice a year.
Morphological analyses of gametes and embryos at various stages of development are of great importance to grade their quality and aptitude to lead to a pregnancy.
The following cells and development stages are considered:
- spermatozoa: stained spermatoza using Papanicolaou or DiffQuik stains
- oocytes: denuded fresh oocytes
- zygotes: fertilized oocytes with presence of the male and female pronuclei (2PN stage)
- cleaved embryos: various stages from day 2 to day 3 (2-16 cells, before morula stage)
- blastocysts: early to fully expanded stages (day 5-day 6)
The test for Andrology remains active for 6 weeks twice a year.
The sperm analysis is an important diagnostic tool to establish the reasons for unwanted childlessness.
Several parameters are analyzed in andrological laboratories and are usually performed according to the WHO guidelines.
The following parameters are considered:
- concentration: using either the Neubauer or the Makler chambers
- motility: based on videos
- morphology: according to the user's criteria. WHO (2010) is the default.
- vitality: eosin-nigrosin staining
- DNA fragmentation: using the sperm chromatin decondensation assay (SCD)